Child Life Practicum Program
UMC Children’s Hospital Child Life Practicum Program provides students with a quality learning experience designed to introduce medical professionals to the Child Life specialization. We provide students with opportunities to gain experience caring for children and their families.
The practicum experience focuses on developing skills:
- Providing emotional support through developmentally appropriate activities and therapeutic play for hospitalized children.
- Implementing activities with patients at their bedside and in the playroom.
- Observing child life interventions with our Certified Child Life Specialists.
- Our Child Life Practicum Program is only offered during the Fall and Spring sessions.
- All applicants must submit a complete packet post-marked by the application deadline to be considered for the program.
Return the completed application packet to the following address:
UMC Children’s Hospital
Child Life Department
c/o Practicum Program
602 Indiana Avenue
Lubbock, TX 79415
Deadlines for submissions are as follows:
Students must be able to complete a minimum of 150 hours to successfully complete the practicum program. Students are required to be affiliated with Texas Tech University or Lubbock Christian University.
We appreciate your interest in the opportunity for a practicum placement with the Child Life Department at UMC Children’s Hospital. For further information or questions about our practicum program, please contact us at 806.775.8836 or email@example.com
Practicum Requirements & Forms
Common Child Life Practicum Application