UMC Children’s Hospital is a proud partner of the Children’s Miracle Network (CMN), an alliance of over 170 premier children’s hospitals. Because 100% of all CMN donations stay local, UMC and CMN have provided state-of-the-art medical technology to the children of the South Plains and Eastern New Mexico.
UMC Children’s Hospital is leading our region in pediatric care. With the support of CMN, the Children’s Hospital treats children with all types of illnesses and injuries, including cancer, birth defects, heart and muscular disease, cerebral palsy, diabetes, and burns.
40 Years as a Miracle Hospital
Since its opening in 1978, UMC Children’s Hospital has provided cutting-edge, comprehensive services for children for decades. Our partnership with CMN and the Texas Tech School of Medicine provides a wide range of pediatric specialists trained to provide excellent care.
Your donations have provided innovative technologies and contributed to national designations such as:
- First Pediatric Intensive Care Unit
- First Neonatal Intensive Care Unit
- First and only hospital designated as a Level I Trauma Center and a Pediatric Level II Trauma Center
- First and only Regional Burn Center that treats children
- First Children’s Oncology Group-recognized (COG) program with dedicated pediatric clinical trials
- First life-support Extracorporeal Membrane Oxygenation (ECMO) machines in the country and the first in the region
40 Years of Miracle Makers
As a sign of our longevity and dedication to our vital mission of helping children in our partnership with CMN, UMC Children’s Hospital has the longest-running CMN Broadcast in the country, working with the longest-serving anchor team in the United States, Karin and Abner from KCBD NewsChannel 11. Our annual Broadcast celebrates the successes of our “Miracle Children” by telling their stories, highlighting UMC Children’s Hospital’s important work, and raising money to help other children in our region. Together, this team shows that our experience and passion for changing kids’ lives are unmatched.
You, too, can help us in our mission to heal children. Please consider a donation to our Foundation.